this recipe) for a cookout yesterday with friends. The smell of the peanut butter from the cookies was enough to drive Jack crazy. So I decided I would make a batch of peanut butter cookies especially for the pups at the cookout. The “cookies” were a huge hit with the dogs! I used all-purpose flour (whole wheat does not sit well with my little dog) but you can substitute it for whole wheat flour or do half all purpose and half whole wheat.
1.5 cups all-purpose flour
¼ cup smooth peanut butter (I mounded the peanut butter pretty high on the
¼ cup crunchy peanut butter
½ cup water
1 tablespoon oil (I used canola)
1. In a large bowl combine water, peanut butter and oil.
2. Add flour in small amounts.
3. Knead to form a dough.
4. Continue to knead until all flour is incorporated.
5. Drop balls of dough onto a cookie sheet and create the crosshatch look as if
you were making peanut butter cookies for yourself.
6. Preheat oven to 350 and bake 13-20 minutes depending on size
7. Allow to cool before serving to your pet.