The unofficial start to summer began last week and I have been invited to plenty dinner parties and BBQs this week. One of my friends and I have been really trying hard to incorporate more vegetables into our diet, and since asparagus was on sale last week we came up with this little recipe. Hope you enjoy!
Tuscan Roasted Asparagus
Fresh asparagus, trimmed
Olive oil (I used Pasolivo Citrus)
dash of salt
dash of pepper
Grated parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Mix oil, garlic, salt and pepper together
3. Add to asparagus to half mixture and toss to coat
4. Place asparagus, tomatoes and pine nuts on a foil lined cookie sheet.
5. Bake 15-20 minutes or until tender
6. Drizzle with remaining oil mixture, lemon juice, sprinkle with cheese and zest. Toss to combine