This weekend a friend invited me over for brunch. Instead of bringing one of my go-to dishes (overnight baked French toast) I decided to bring a holiday themed dessert. I used my mums cranberry orange cake recipe, but instead of using sour cream I used yogurt to give it more of a moist coffee cake texture instead of a cakey texture.
1 1/2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
pinch of salt
1 cup sour cream or yogurt
1 cup sugar
3 large eggs
zest of one orange
juice of an orange
1/2 cup butter
1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries
For the Icing:
1 cup powdered sugar
2 - 3 tablespoons milk or orange juice
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray a bundt pan with cooking spray.
3. Cream together butter and sugar about 5 minutes.
4. Add eggs one at a time and mix in until incorporated.
5. Add the orange juice and zest; mix to incorporated
6. Add the sour cream, mix to incorporated
7. Add the flour, salt and baking powder.
8. When this is all mixed together stir in the cranberries
9. Bake for 40 - 50 minutes or until a tester comes out clean.
10. Let pan set for 5 minutes after you take the cake out of the oven.
11. Turn over cake onto a wire rack to cool.
12. Mix up your glaze ingredients and spread on top and sides of cake.