It’s officially four days before Thanksgiving, and my “man of the house” is still a 4-legged, tail-wagging Yorkie, so unless Prince Charming swoops in before Thursday, it looks like I will be single for the holidays.
First of all, I feel like I should state – very clearly that I am one of those
people who loves the holidays. I’m totally “that girl” – who wishes her life
were a Hallmark movie. However, while there is something alluring about the
idea of being coupled up during the holidays, being single has its benefits
too. Specifically these nine:
1. You don’t have to be embarrassed by your weird relatives.
2. You don’t have to worry about getting someone the right gift.
3. You don’t have to fake excitement over their gift
4. You are free for holiday hook-ups.
5. You don’t have to travel with anyone.
6. You don’t have to worry about sleeping arrangements.
7. No one will ask when you’re getting married/having a baby