Tuesday, December 17, 2013
1.5 cups flour
1.5 teaspoons baking powder
dash of salt
12 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
1.5 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 teaspoons almond extract
1 egg white, lightly beaten
1. Beat butter, and sugar on medium-high for 3 minutes.
2. Add vanilla, almond and egg; beat until smooth.
3. Add flour, baking powder and salt; beat until just combined.
4. Use a cookie scoop drop into balls onto a parchment lined baked sheet.
5. Press each ball into disks.
6. Chill disks for 40 minutes (I placed my cookie sheets outside -it's freezing out).
7. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
8. Using a pastry brush, lightly brush tops of cookie disks with the egg white and press into sprinkles.
9. Return cookies to baking sheet.
10. Bake for 10 minutes or slightly brown on the bottom (time varies based on oven) rotating the cookie sheet halfway through.
11. Allow to cool before serving.
Labels: Kitchen Couture(recipes)