Mrs. T's Pierogies to be exact. Whenever my neighbor would have a get-together to watch sporting events she had plenty of fingers foods, but also never forgot to include a pierogie dish. My favorite was her BLT Pierogies, and that's exactly what I served as a main dish this past Sunday for the Lions game. Living in Michigan Pierogies are not something you usually indulge in at parties so my friends were a little hesitant to try them, once they did they couldn't help but have seconds and thirds, not to mention I was asked to bring them to next weekends game get-together. The whole grain and mini Pierogies definitely were the crowd favorites.
Guests really liked the fact that the recipe was easy and such a time saver. They also couldn't believe that Mrs. T's Pierogies could actually be an appetizer or the perfect meal. At my get-together we ended up going on the Mrs. T's website and then creating the pierogies and apples we put some caramel on them and whipped topping and they made the perfect dessert. Making pierogies the perfect last minute meal for any occasion, last minute guest, impromptu party and everything in between.
I participated in a campaign on behalf of Millennial Central Consulting for
T’s Pierogies. I received a gift card to purchase get-together supplies
to facilitate my review and a promotional item as a thank you for
1 (16-ounce) package frozen pierogies (I used Mrs. T’s)
3 slices of bacon
1 package cream cheese
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup shredded cheese (I used colby, mozzarella and sharp)
1/2 green pepper; chopped
1 roma tomato
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Arrange the pierogies (frozen) in a glass baking dish that has been coated with cooking spray.
3. Spray the pierogies lightly.
4. Cook bacon in a pan until crisp; remove from pan, crumble and set aside.
5. Add cream cheese and chicken broth to the pan you cooked the bacon in (make sure you leave the grease in the pan.
6. Whisk until the cream cheese is melted and the mixture is smooth.
7. Pour the cream cheese mixture evenly over the pierogies.
8. Top with cheese.
9. Bake for 22 minutes or until bubbly and thoroughly heated.
10. Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle with green pepper, bacon and tomato.
Did you know:
• Mrs. T's are the perfect pairing of pasta and potatoes.
• Flavorful whipped potatoes combined with tasty additions such as cheddar cheese and onion are gently folded into a pasta shell to create the perfect canvas for your favorite ingredients and spices.
• Whether it's game day or the season premier/finale of your favorite show (Hart of Dixie party anyone?), gather your friends and enjoy Mrs. T's Pierogies.
• Bursting with flavor, Mrs. T's Pierogies make delicious finger foods, side dishes and main dishes (always keep a box or three in your freezer).
• Mrs. T's Pierogies are available in 11 different varieties, including whole grain and mini-size!
Like Mrs. T's Pierogies on Facebook.