While I was at Christmas Cove (an antique apple farm – more on that later), over the weekend one of the ladies gave me the idea of making baked apples. I couldn’t remember exactly what she said, so I did what I remembered and made up the rest. The finished product was absolutely delish.
4 medium sized apples
2 tablespoons butter; cut into small pieces
1/4 cup brown sugar; packed
1/3 cup oats
2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
1 teaspoon cinnamon
dash of cloves
dash of nutmeg
apple cider or water
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Combine butter, brown sugar, oats, walnuts, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg in a bowl; mixing with a fork until crumbly.
3. Spoon out the center of the apples.
4. Fill apples evenly with the oat mixture.
5. Place apples in a 8x8 dish.
6. Add about an inch of water or apple cider to the dish.
7. Cover lightly with foil
8. Bake 15 minutes covered, remove foil and bake another 10-20 minutes; or until apples are tender.
9. Enjoy :]