Saturday evening the temperature started to dip into the 50’s making it the perfect opportunity to head to the kitchen, crank the oven and make some cookies. To me oatmeal cookies have a comforting smell and taste. Making it the quintessential cookie to bake during the fall.
½ cup (1 stick) plus 6 tablespoons salted butter, softened
¾ cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
½ cup sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla
1.5 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 tablespoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon salt
3 cups Quaker Old Fashioned Oats
½-1 cup raisins
½-1 cup Craisins
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a bowl combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt together; set aside.
3. In a large bowl, beat butter, brown sugar and sugar on medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy (about three to five minutes).
4. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
5. Add flour mixture; mix well.
6. Add oats; mix well.
7. By hand mix in raisins and Craisins.
8. Drop dough by the rounded tablespoonful onto ungreased cookie sheets.
Bake 8-10 minutes or until light golden brown.