Tuesday, August 7, 2012
for the cake
• 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter softened
• 1 cup sugar
• 2 eggs
• 2 teaspoons vanilla
• 1 3/4 cups flour
• 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 cup sour cream
• 1/2 cup Champagne (I used Prosecco)
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Using a standing mixer or hand held mixer, in a bowl cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time beating well after each addition. Add in the vanilla and mix well.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and set aside. In another bowl (medium sized) whisk together the champagne and and sour cream. Add the flour and champagne mixture alternately, beginning and ending with flour to the egg mixture. This batter will be thick.
4. Fill cupcake liners with 1/4 cup of batter and bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Whipped Cream Frosting
• 2 tablespoons cold water
• 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
• 2 cups heavy whipping cream
• 1/4 cup sugar
1. In a large saucepan bring about an inch of water to a boil. Meanwhile, in a 1-cup heatproof glass dish (I used a measuring cup) combine the cold water and gelatin. Allow to stand for 2 minutes. Place glass dish in the saucepan of boiling water. Cook and stir about one minute or until gelatin is completely dissolved. Remove glass fish from water, set aside and allow to cool for seven minutes.
2. In a chilled large mixing bowl beat whipping cream and sugar with the chilled beaters of an electric mixer on medium speed while gradually drizzling the gelatin mixture into the cream mixture. Continue beating the cream mixture until stuff peaks form (tips stand straight). Makes about 4 cups.
Labels: Kitchen Couture(recipes)