Summer Hostess Gift: Freshly Squeezed Lemonade
• 1 pitcher (I bought this glass one for $5.00 at TJMaxx)
• 5-7 lemons (depending on size)
• 1/2 cup of sugar
• recipe card with the recipe on it
• wooden spoon
• optional: garnish I used lavender
• 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (5-7 lemons depending on size)
• 1/2 cup sugar
1. Creating a simple syrup: in a saucepan, combine the sugar and a 1/2 cup water. Bring to a rolling boiling, stirring constantly, until sugar is dissolved: allow to cool. * while cooling add a slice or two of lemon to infused the syrup with flavor.
2. In a pitcher, combine the syrup, lemon juice and 3 cups of water. Serve over ice and enjoy!